About Rationally Speaking
Friday, February 28, 2014
Massimo's weekend picks!
* Very good reasons why atheists should not call religious people "mentally ill."
* A philosophical-quantitative approach to decide what to do with your life.
* Whole Foods: America's temple of pseudoscience? (Full disclosure: I shop there...)
* The inanity of "stand your ground" laws, and why you can't invoke John Locke to defend them!
* At least some invertebrates feel pain (though others very likely don't).
* Why is academic writing so, ahem, academic?
* Philosophy should hit the road, just like in ancient Greek times.
* Texting while walking bad for your health, and not (only) for the obvious reasons.