About Rationally Speaking
Rationally Speaking is a blog maintained by Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, a philosopher at the City University of New York. The blog reflects the Enlightenment figure Marquis de Condorcet's idea of what a public intellectual (yes, we know, that's such a bad word) ought to be: someone who devotes himself to "the tracking down of prejudices in the hiding places where priests, the schools, the government, and all long-established institutions had gathered and protected them." You're welcome. Please notice that the contents of this blog can be reprinted under the standard Creative Commons license.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
* (Old but good one) How not to Feyerabend.
* Who needs a gun? Good question.
* A feminist Kant? Seriously?? And yet...
* Jerry Coyne builds a straw man to defend the metaphor of selfish genes. (Check out the original criticism here.)
* Historical redress: who must pay for the past, and how?
* Listening to your inner voice, unless you are crazy.
* Former RS podcast guest Cordelia Fine has a problem or two with the latest neuro-gender study.
* The importance of philosophy of medicine.
* The ways of lust.