About Rationally Speaking
Rationally Speaking is a blog maintained by Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, a philosopher at the City University of New York. The blog reflects the Enlightenment figure Marquis de Condorcet's idea of what a public intellectual (yes, we know, that's such a bad word) ought to be: someone who devotes himself to "the tracking down of prejudices in the hiding places where priests, the schools, the government, and all long-established institutions had gathered and protected them." You're welcome. Please notice that the contents of this blog can be reprinted under the standard Creative Commons license.
Friday, October 18, 2013
* The ravings of an overpaid Harvard professor.
* The work habits of the most productive philosophers.
* The smart way of having less government, and the idiotic one...
* Taking Malcolm Gladwell down a notch. Or two. Or three.
* Yet another neuro-book that doesn't tell us something we didn't already know.
* Why you should be wary of anyone talking of "the marketplace of ideas."
* Tutto Dante.
* Why Pope Francis is, so far, much more about appearances than substance.
* Why we need to teach philosophy in the pre-college classroom.