About Rationally Speaking
Rationally Speaking is a blog maintained by Prof. Massimo Pigliucci, a philosopher at the City University of New York. The blog reflects the Enlightenment figure Marquis de Condorcet's idea of what a public intellectual (yes, we know, that's such a bad word) ought to be: someone who devotes himself to "the tracking down of prejudices in the hiding places where priests, the schools, the government, and all long-established institutions had gathered and protected them." You're welcome. Please notice that the contents of this blog can be reprinted under the standard Creative Commons license.
Friday, November 11, 2011
go to business school."
* Three types of libertarianism, and the objections that can be raised against them.
* Could it be that Americans are smarter and more fair minded than the GOP assumes? Oh my spaghetti monster!
* The sort of movie about Wall Street you really don't want to miss.
* The perfect example of what is wrong with mixing financial interests and political power...
* Post hoc ergo propter hoc, Tim Minchin style.
* Quote of the Day: "Those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand." -Kurt Vonnegut
* Conservative politics and authoritarian personality.
* Thank evolution for giving us birds...
* New paper in Philosophy & Theory in Biology: Lamarckism ascending!
* The vacuity and ignorance of Alvin Plantinga.
* Jon Stewart takes on the idiotic "In God We Trust" vote in Congress.
* Insanity, defined: parents infecting their children on purpose, to develop natural immunities.